Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Captivating - John & Stasi Edlredge

The book "Captivating" by John and Stasi Edlredge is written to help unveil the mystery of a woman's soul (they make it sound so easy...). John is also the author of "Wild at Heart" where he writes about discovering the secret of a man's soul(which also is made to sound so easy...). In this book however, John and Stasi co-write about how the things that women most desire are to be romanced, to have an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and to have their beauty unveiled and to have the question of "Am I lovely?" answered.

This was an enjoyable book. I have previously read a bunch of other books written by John Eldredge and I have really come to like his style of writing and the way he brings old truths out in new light. This book was an easy read and it was helpful in figuring out what my wife needs and desires in her life. It helped me to better understand her journey and to be able to encourage her to know that she is not alone in the questions she asks and the answers she seek. The book will help to strengthen our marriage and assist me in developing a better understanding of what makes my wife and half of the world's population tick.

I am a member of BookSneeze and I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for a review of the book. My rating for this book is 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment