Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino

Og Mandino is one of the greatest motivational authors and speakers of all time. His bestselling book (I believe) is The Greatest Salesman in the World. Many people have credited the turn-around in their lives to this book.

Reading this book for me was roughly a 9 month process. I read each scroll 3 times a day (the last time before bed was always out loud) for 30 days before moving onto the next scroll. It is a discipline that I not only learned a lot by doing, but learned the basic skills of communicating with others and myself. Here are the Scrolls:

1) I will greet this day with love in my heart.
2) I will persist until I succeed.
3) I am nature's greatest miracle.
4) I will live this day as if it is my last.
5) Today I will be master of my emotions.
6) I will laugh at the world.
7) Today, I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
8) I will act now.
9) Help this humble salesman, guide me God.

Its a good read, but to get the full effect of this book, I recommend reading it 3 times a day for 9 months. It will change your life. It certainly changed mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment